GAMSAT: Graduate Australian Medical School Admission Test
The Graduate Australian Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT) is administered by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) in association with the Consortium of Graduate Medical Schools. The test is a measure of Graduate Medical School success. You can take GAMSAT in March and September every year.
GAMSAT Test Format
The test is divided into three sections:
- Reasoning in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Written Communication
- Reasoning in Biological and Physical Sciences
GAMSAT Timing of the Test
GAMSAT by section and time:
| Section|| Number of questions|| Time in minutes|
| Section I, Reasoning in Humanities|| 75||100|
| Section II, Written Communication|| 2|| 60|
| Section III, Reasoning in Biological and Physical Sciences|| 110|| 170|
GAMSAT: Special Testing Arrangements -Conditions
The special sittings as a result of disability or other impairment which might intervene with your ability to sit for the test are made available to the candidates only if they apply for special testing conditions online via their account after registration. Therefore, the candidates must apply for the same along with an explanatory letter from a registered health practitioner. This letter must be no more than one year old.
Applicants with dyslexia should submit a copy of an appropriate educational psychologist’s report (no more than 3 years old) for consideration. Also, if you are unable to sit for the test during daylight hours on a Saturday for religious reasons, in that case, a supporting letter from your minister of religion is mandatory to submit. The special testing arrangements are made for all the required applicants.
- Australian National University: Medicine
- Deakin University: Medicine
- Flinders University: Medicine
- Griffith University: Medicine
- The University of Melbourne: Medicine, Dentistry and Optometry
- Monash University: Medicine
- The University of Notre Dame Australia, Fremantle School of Medicine: Medicine
- The University of Notre Dame Australia, Sydney School of Medicine: Medicine
- The University of Queensland: Medicine
- The University of Sydney: Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy
- The University of Western Australia: Medicine, Dentistry and Podiatric medicine
- The University of Wollongong: Medicine
- Oceania University of Medicine: Medicine
GAMSAT: Quick facts
- You can use valid GAMSAT Australia Results for admission to universities under GAMSAT U.K and GAMSAT Ireland.
- Your GAMSAT score is valid for 2 years.
- GAMSAT has been developed by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) in conjunction with the Consortium of Graduate Medical Schools.
- If English is not your first language, you can take in a bilingual dictionary to the GAMSAT test centre.