Eligibility criteria to sit uniTEST is:
uniTEST is open to any current Year 12 student who will complete an Australian Year 12/HSC/International Baccalaureate qualification , including International onshore Year 12 students.
uniTEST: RegistrationRegistration Process: Test Centres
There are two options available for undertaking uniTEST:
Flinders UniversityFlinders University website provides all the necessary detials to register for the sitting of uniTEST.
- Option 1 - online testing at your school. In this case, you need to contact your school for further details;
- Option 2 - online testing on campus at Flinders University.
Macquarie UniversityMacquarie University website provides details to register for uniTEST. You can register by:
- UAC- Must have UAC application number to apply
- Register online. : The application form must include personal statement of up to 500 words stating , reasons for applying to sit the uniTest, and your personal details.
** If you registered for uniTEST with a hotmail or yahoo account, you are advised to add email@example.com to your contacts list so you do not miss any important emails about your results.
uniTEST measures a student’s capacity to reason across two broad domains:
- Mathematics and science
- Humanities and social sciences.
Reasoning in the domains of mathematics and science is described as Quantitative and Formal reasoning and includes the quantitative, scientific and technological information - including numbers, tables, graphs, text and diagrams.
The kinds of reasoning typically elicited in the domains of arts, humanities and the social sciences are described as Verbal and Plausible reasoning. This encompasses verbal and visual comprehension, plausible reasoning, holistic judgments about meaning, and socio-cultural understandings.
Critical reasoning addresses general reasoning elicited in both the broad domains and is relevant to a range of courses including scientific, technical, business, humanities and social sciences.
Format at a glance:
- Structure: Multiple-choice test
- No. of questions: 95 questions
- Time-taken: 2 � hours.
- Mode of test: Online or as a Paper-based test.
There is no fee involved to sit for uniTEST. The Test fee just includes the provisions of the test, support for the administration of the test (including a Test Administration Manual for supervisors), scoring of the test and analysis and reporting of student results. However, there is the standard and advertised course fee for application to Macquarie University.