UMAT is offered once a year only.
Registration is available online only via the UMAT website http://umat.acer.edu.au. To register you will need a computer with internet access and an email address. This email address will be used for all communication from the UMAT Office.To register follow these 6 easy steps:
To be eligible for the Concession registration Fee:
- Create an online account
Enter your name, date of birth and email address. The name you register with must match the name on the identification document you will bring along to the test.
- Enter your particulars on the online registration form
The UMAT registration form will require you to enter your essential and required information.
- Select the appropriate Registration Fee mechanism
Fee reduction is available to candidates who hold a valid health Care Card (hCC) or pensioner Concession Card (pCC) (both issued by Centrelink, pictured below), or who are listed as dependants on the current hCC or pCC of a parent or guardian.
- Your card must be signed by the cardholder; And
- Your card must be valid at the time of registration; And
- Your name must appear on the card and it must match the name on the UMAT registration;
- A copy of both sides of the card must be submitted to the UMAT office within 2 weeks of registration or by the registration deadline (whichever comes first).
** The Concession Fee is not available to candidates taking the test outside Australia. Only holders of a valid hCC or pCC are eligible for the Concession registration Fee; claims of financial hardship based on other criteria cannot be considered.
- Select your payment method
All payments must be made in Australian dollars.
The preferred method of payment is by credit card. If you do not have access to a credit card, and you live:
- In Australia, you must pay by Australia post money order, made payable to ‘ACEr-uMAT’.
- Overseas, you must pay by bank draft in Australian dollars, drawn on an Australian bank, and made payable to ‘ACEr-uMAT’.
** Do write your name on the back of your payment.
The payment must be received within 2 weeks of registration or by the registration deadline (whichever comes first).
- Receive your Registration Confirmation email
When you finish your online registration, a registration confirmation and checklist will be emailed to your nominated account.
- Complete your registration
To complete your registration you must send your payment and/or a photocopy of your concession card within 2 weeks of registration or by the registration deadline (whichever comes first).
UMAT are offered in the following locations: