ISAT: International Students Admission Test
ISAT: An Introduction
The International Student Admissions Test (ISAT) is a 3-hour computer based multiple-choice test that has been produced by ACER (Australian Council of Education Research) to assist the Australian Universities in their selection of international students for certain undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
ISAT is administered as a computer-based test through Prometric Inc. centerscentres around the world.
The International Student Admissions Test (ISAT) is a valid, secure selection tool that measures general academic abilities considered important for coping with the intellectual demands of most tertiary courses. ISAT assesses Critical Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning.
ISAT is required as part of the admission requirement for international students for following Australian Universities:
- Flinders University - International undergraduate pathway
- Monash University, Melbourne - Undergraduate Medicine
- Monash University, Malaysian campus – Undergraduate Medicine
- University of New South Wales (UNSW) - Undergraduate Medicine
- University of Queensland - Undergraduate Medicine
- University of Queensland - Undergraduate Dentistry
- University of Sydney - Veterinary Science
- University of Tasmania - Undergraduate Medicine (Faculty of Medicine link)
- University of Tasmania - Undergraduate Medicine - 2 (International students link)
- University of Western Australia (UWA) - International Student Pathway to graduate-entry Medicine & Dentistry
- University of Western Sydney (UWS) - Undergraduate Medicine (Apply through the International Office)
** University Admission Deadline-2014, visit: http://isat.acer.edu.au/universities/university-admission-deadline
ISAT: No. of attempts
One can sit for the ISAT exam once a year.
The ISAT is presented in units. The test assesses the following:
- Critical reasoning – comprehending, analyszing, evaluating and extending ideas; the questions are from the humanities and social sciences area.
- Quantitative reasoning – drawing conclusions, making decisions and solving problems; the questions are from mathematics and the sciences area.
ISAT: Special Testing Arrangements
The special sittings as a result of disability or other conditions are made available to the candidates only if they apply for special testing conditions online via their account after registration. Therefore, the candidates must apply for the same along with an explanatory letter from a registered health practitioner. This letter must be no more than one year old.
If you have a visual, hearing, physical or other impairment which means the standard manner in which the test is set up requires change , e.g. , alternative format or rest breaks, please follow the process below: Send these documents to the ISAT office via email: email@example.com or facsimile, including reference to your most convenient test centre.
ISAT: Quick Bite
- ISAT is required by the International Students to get admission in Australian universities
- Students can sit for ISAT once a year
- Test Description
- Related Majors: Healthcare/Medicine
- Appearing Student Level: Under Graduate
- Mode of Test: Online
- Conducting Authority: Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER)
ACER & PrometricRole of ACER
ACER is a non-profit independent organization that works with schools and universities to develop and deliver assessment programs, products and services that are legitimate and authentic.Role of Prometric Inc.
Prometric Inc. is a leading global provider of comprehensive testing & assessment services, with a network of over 5,000 test centers.
ISAT is administered through Prometric APTC centers.