Contact Details of Important Academic Centres of Australia
Australia Government- Department of Education
The Australian Government Department of Education is responsible for national policies and programmes that help Australians access quality and affordable child care; early childhood education, school education, post-school, higher education, international education and academic research.
Secondary Education Accrediting Authorities
There is a body in each state and territory that is authorized to accredit the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education qualification type. Accrediting authority for the Senior Secondary certificate of Education are as follows:
- ACT Board of Senior Secondary Studies:
The ACT Board of Senior Secondary Studies (ACTBSSS) is a statutory authority responsible for the certification of senior secondary school studies in government and non-government schools in the Australian Capital Territory.
Education & Training Directorate
C/- Office of the Board of Senior Secondary Studies
GPO Box 158
Canberra ACT 2601
Lyons Education Centre
67 Launceston Street
Lyons ACT 2606
- Office of the Board of Studies NSW:
The Board of Studies NSW serves the government and non-government schools in the development of school education for Years K-12.
117 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000
GPO Box 5300, Sydney NSW 2001
- Queensland Studies Authority:
The Queensland Studies Authority (QSA) is a statutory body of the Queensland Government which provides Kindergarten to Year 12 syllabuses, guidelines, assessment, and reporting, testing, accreditation and certification services for Queensland schools.
Address: 154 Melbourne St, South Brisbane, Qld 4101
Post: PO Box 307, Spring Hill, Qld 4004
- Northern Territory Board of Studies (NTBOS):
The Northern Territory Board of Studies (NTBOS) develops and provides high quality curriculum, assessment, reporting and certification to students in the Northern Territory from Preschool to Year 12.
- Tasmanian Qualifications Authority:
The Tasmanian Qualifications Authority (TQA) aims to ensure that Tasmanians qualifications in post year-10 education and training.
PO Box 147
Level 5, Kirksway House
2 Kirksway Place
Battery Point, Tasmania 7004
- SACE Board of South Australia:
The SACE Board of South Australia is an independent statutory authority of the South Australian Government. It is responsible for the accreditation of subjects, the recognition of learning and the assessment of student learning that contribute to meeting the completion requirements of the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE).
SACE Board of South Australia
60 Greenhill Rd
Wayville, SA 5034
- Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA):
The Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) a statutory authority, is responsible for the accreditation of courses and the registration of qualifications for those providers who are registered by the VRQA.
2 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne Vic 3000
GPO Box 2317
Melbourne Vic 3001
- Curriculum Council of Western Australia: The School Curriculum and Standards Authority is an independent statutory authority that is responsible developing and accrediting courses for schools.
School Curriculum and Standards Authority
27 Walters Drive
Western Australia 6017
Higher Education Accrediting Authority
- Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA)
The Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA) is the national accrediting body which:
- Accredits qualifications developed by non self-accrediting organizations and authorizes non self-accrediting organizations to issue qualifications, and
- Authorizes universities and designated higher education providers to accredit AQF qualifications which they themselves issue.
TEQSA GPO Box 1672
Melbourne VIC 3001
- Self-accrediting higher education providers
Self-accrediting higher education providers, including universities, are authorized by TEQSA to accredit AQF qualifications which they themselves issue.
Vocational Education and Training (VET) Accrediting Authorities
Following are the four bodies authorized to accredit qualifications in the vocational education and training sector.
- The Australian Skills Quality Authority accredits qualifications and registers national providers and/or providers for international students to issue them.
ASQA's postal address is GPO Box 9928, Melbourne, VIC, 3001.
- Melbourne—Level 6 595 Collins Street
- Brisbane—Level 7 215 Adelaide Street
- Sydney—Level 10 255 Elizabeth Street
- Canberra—Level 3 64 Northbourne Avenue Canberra City.
- Darwin—Level 2 39/41 Woods St
- Perth—Level 11 250 St Georges Terrace
- Adelaide—Level 5 115 Grenfell Street
- Hobart—Level 11 188 Collins Street
- The National Skills Standards Council (NSSC) accredits qualifications in national Training Packages.
Level 4, 414 La Trobe Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
GPO Box 9880 Melbourne VIC 3001
Location Code: V414LA4
- The Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) accredits qualifications and registers providers operating solely in Victoria issuing qualifications only to Australian students.
2 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne Vic 3000
Postal Address: GPO Box 2317
Melbourne Vic 3001
- The Western Australian Training Accreditation Council accredits qualifications and registers Western Australian providers operating solely in Western Australia issuing qualifications only to Australian students.
Office of the Training Accreditation Council
22 Hasler Road
Osborne Park 6017