MBA Degree Admission Process for Australian Students
MBA Degree programs are offered by Universities and Private Colleges. Entry into higher education- MBA Degree courses in Australia is highly competitive, and a high standard of English language is required for Doctoral Degree study. MBA offers students with pragmatic and theoretical knowledge of how people and processes work within the business world and in the wider community. The MBA offers worldwide networking opportunities, expanded personal skills and career enhancement.
Entry into MBA Degree Program of Studies in Australia, most important prerequisite is English language proficiency. At all Australian universities, English is the language of instruction. An applicant has to provide evidence of proficiency in the English language.
Each Education provider will have different entrance requirements such as prior knowledge in certain subject, Work History details Official academic transcripts, Statement of Purpose, and Letters of Recommendation.
- Statement of Purpose: The Statement of Purpose should illustrate your academic background and experiences. It should describe your long term career goals and why you are applying to this program.
- Letter of Recommendation: Recommendations should come from individuals who can speak to the quality of your academic and/or professional background. Two letters of recommendations are generally recommended.
Graduate degrees of three years are accepted by most Australian universities. In some cases, depending on the course and university, you may require a bachelor’s degree that is similar to an Australian Bachelor (Honors) Degree i.e. a four year graduation course instead of a three year course.
The duration of MBA degree is generally one to two years full time study or part time equivalent.
Starting dates vary widely depending upon the course undertaken. Some Universities/Institutions offer two intakes a year, with programs generally commencing in February and July; others offer three trimesters per year, with intakes generally in February, July and November. A few institutions offer four intakes per year.
The MBA introduces students to the diverse business disciplines and prepares them for general management roles. Business schools in Australia offer following subject areas for MBA:
- Business Policy and Strategy
- Sustainable and Ethical Business
- Data analysis and statistics
- Global Business
- Human Resources Management
- Organizational Behaviour
Admission ProcedureThe admission process involves following steps:
In the form, fill the following sections and submit:
- Requesting Application Forms via email: You can request application forms from the universities website. Most universities have a form on their website which can be completed online to request application material.
- University Representatives and Agents: The other way is to take forms directly from the university representatives or agents based in your city. Most Australian universities and colleges have agents all over the world.
- Downloading from the university website: Many universities have a downloadable and ready to print versions of their application forms on the internet. These can be used for applying just as regular forms.
- Personal Details
- Academic History
- Supplement Information
- Course chosen
Submit Supporting documents such as transcripts from all high school coursework, Letters of Recommendation, Work History, Reference/Personal Statement and Research Proposal.
Letter of Offer
If the application is successful, the applicant will receive “Letter of Offer”. To confirm the offer you must reply to this letter by signing and sending an acceptance of offer back to the institution either by email or post. Subsequently you have accepted your Offer and paid your deposit you will receive an ‘Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment’ (eCoE) by email.
Each University has different sums that a student can borrow for long term loans. Long term financial aid loans are for the following uses:
- Class costs
- Living costs
- Other school related costs
Applicants for Financial aid are looked at by a University Student Loans fund committee. The University Fund committee looks at a student personal income and well as his or her parent’s income. Many universities also require the student to submit their expenditure for the upcoming school year. Academic results and school progress will also be a factor that the Student Fund Committee will tally to their criteria for obtaining a student loan.
It is important for prospective students to be well devised with their financial budgeting and future prospect.
Guarantors: Australian Universities require all students to provide a guarantor. Guarantors can be: Parents, Related Relatives and Personal Friends.Guarantors will need to provide the following information:
- Proof of the Guarantor's income
- Home ownership and/or car ownership
- Other assets
- Repayment details
Students that are Permanent residents and/or Citizens of Australia:
Repayments are required when the student completes or decides to withdraw from their school classes. When a loan is granted to a student, a repayment plan is put into place and includes a repayment start date and the anticipated monthly payments along the long term loan.
The significant thing about financial assistance from Australian Universities is that Loans granted to students are interest-free up to the agreed upon repayment date. Interest is charged to a student total amount of an overdue payment.
How to Apply for Financial aid
Every University has their own way to apply for financial aid. Contact the prospective University by phone for more information or go the Universities website and locate financial aid and/or loan information sections. For more details see Education Funding