Admission Requirement: International Students
Australia is one of the top education destination among International students. Given you possess the required eligibility criteria Australian Institutes welcome you at all level. If you are from a non-English speaking destination or your first language is not English you may require to show proof of English proficiency. A test score like TOEFL or IELTS is sufficient enough to furnish English Score. Many universities/colleges/institutions ask for English score from non-native speakers of English.
Further, depending on the type of course you are seeking admission you may require to posses a valid score in a test like GRE/GMAT/SAT/LSAT etc.
Here is some general guidance on entry requirements for different levels of study:
- English language courses: Entry requirements vary between institutions, and according to the level of English language skills required for the course.
- Schools: Entry requirements vary between schools, depending on the state or territory. Academic performance and ability is considered during the application process.
- Vocational education and training (VET): In most cases, there are no entrance exams for VET institutions. However, some courses may require you to have studied specific subjects or completed work experience.
- Higher education undergraduate courses: You will need to have an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (Year 12) or the overseas equivalent. Some undergraduate courses may also have specific prerequisite subjects.
- Higher education postgraduate course: You must have completed at least one degree at undergraduate level. The institution may also consider your research ability or relevant work experience.
The student visa you need depends on your course. Here are some typical requirements:
- Receive an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate.
- Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
- Prove you have sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency.
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Provide evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover
Overseas Student Health Cover: It will help you pay for any medical or hospital care you may need while studying in Australia. It will also help pay for most prescription medicines and provide you with ambulance cover in emergencies.
Universities and Institutes of Higher Education across Australia offer many undergraduate and graduate programmes to International students. The exact admission criteria vary depending on program and course. For exact details see Universities in Australia